Rules & Timetable
What applies to professionals,
should be a concern to all athletes!
the Regulations 2023 of the Austrian federation (ÖTRV) apply for all races.
Further more a few important hints for you: here is a small set of rules so that all athletes reach the goal safely and fairly:
General Participation rules
- The sports regulations of the ÖTRV apply
- With my registration for a competition in the context of the triathlon weekend in Kitzbühel I accept the liability exclusion of the organizer for damages of any kind. I will not make any claims against the organizers, the sponsors of the race, the public authorities, the local residents, the owners of private roads or their representatives for damages or injuries of any kind that could result from my participation in the event. I accept the disclaimer of the LOC.
- I declare that I have trained sufficiently for participation in this competition and that I am physically healthy.
- I agree that the data mentioned in my registration, the photos, filming and interviews made by me in radio, television, advertising or books, may be used without any claim to remuneration on my part.
- Due to a bike theft in 2022, video surveillance for the athletes' area and the transition zone is organized. The visitors and participants of the competitions agree to the recordings. Which will be deleted after the event, of course.
- I assure that the data mentioned are correct and that I will not pass on my start number to any other person.
- I am aware that I will be disqualified if I change the official start number in any way, in particular if I make the advertising print invisible or unrecognisable.
- If the triathlon does not take place due to force majeure (high water, thunderstorms etc.), the entry fee cannot be refunded.
- Even if the triathlon does not take place for whatever reason, there is no right to a refund of the entry fee after registration. (Note according to the Data Protection Act: Your data will be stored automatically)
Rules for Sprint Triathlon
- The Kitzbühel Sprint Triathlon is a hobby race for everyone ( category B ).
- Attention - the race will be held as a slipstream race in World Cup format!
- Accordingly, no time trial bikes or triathlon bikes and no handlebar attachments are allowed.
- Racing bikes as well as mountain bikes are allowed.
- Slipstreaming is only allowed between men/men and women/women >> men are not allowed to slipstream with women and also not vice versa.
- The start will be in 2 waves with 3 minutes distance. At the race briefing you will find out where you are assigned.
- The completion of the full race distance (counting laps) is the responsibility of each athlete.
- We are looking forward to you and wish you all the best and a lot of fun.
Download: Athletes Guide Sprint Triathlon 2023
- The relay handover from the swimmer to the cyclist or from the cyclist to the runner takes place by handing over the timekeeping chip which must be worn by all three athletes around the ankle of the foot.
- helmet obligation for the cyclist ( chin strap closed )!
- Please note that only racing bikes and mountain bikes may be used for the team triathlon.
- The team triathlon is a slipstream race - but there is a strict gender separation eg men are not allowed to ride slipstream with women and not vice versa.
- The cyclist must wear the start number visibly on his back, the runner in front.
Download: Athletes Guide 2023
By participating, the athlete agrees to comply with the anti-doping regulations of the Federal Anti-Doping Act 2021 and the relevant regulations of the relevant national and international sports federation (in particular statutes, sports regulations, competition regulations). An athlete is defined as a person who is a member or licensee (annual or daily license) of a sports organization or its affiliated organization or was at the time of a potential anti-doping rule violation, or who participates in competitions organized by a sports organization or its affiliated organization or sponsored by federal sports funding. More detailed information on anti-doping regulations can be found on the eLearning platform of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA Austria).
The organizer and the host strictly reject doping. As participant you assure that you have not taken or used or will not take or use any prohibited substances or prohibited methods for doping purposes. Information on whether a drug or a treatment method is prohibited can be found here: www.nada.at/medikamentenabfrage This service of NADA Austria is also available as "MedApp" for Android and IOS.
Should it be necessary for the participating athlete to take prohibited substances or use prohibited methods after medical or dental diagnosis, athletes in the test pool must apply for a medical exemption in advance. All other athletes are strongly advised to keep all medical certificates and findings for a possible retroactive medical exemption. You can find more information here: www.nada.at/medizin/krankheit-oder-verletzung
2024 the planned schedule is the following
Friday, 14th June 2024
- ETU - European Cup - Qualifier
Saturday, 15th JUNE 2024
- Kitzbühel Sprint Triathlon
- Gamsstadt TEAM-Triathlon
- ETU - European Cup - Finals
Sunday, 16th JUNE 2024
The preparations are running - we ask you to note this date in your race calendar!